The e-commerce business has been growing for years, and its effects can be seen in retail sectors, technology, logistics and lifestyle as a whole. E-commerce is a great business to get into, considering that the tools you need are right in front of you and readily available and all that is really needed is the drive to strive for the best. According to Entrepreneur, “In the U.S. alone, eCommerce growth is anticipated to be somewhere 44.5 percent from 2019 to 2020”. Recently it has also been reported that eCommerce in India has grown from $4.4 billion in 2010 to $13.6 billion in 2014. This is a tremendous amount of growth, and it is not only occurring in countries such as India but rather has become a global trend and statement for the future of commerce. This is what makes it such a great investment opportunity. It is a great business for anyone who is looking for guaranteed upward mobility.
Here are a few reasons why you should focus more on e-commerce:
1. Easy to build and get started: E-commerce websites are often very similar to each other, and this makes it very easy to build your own site. All it really takes is using a simple framework, patterns, themes and available plug-ins that can be chosen after analyzing what works well for some of the best e-commerce websites. It can be very helpful to choose a specific set of products that you have a passion for and be consistent with the theme.
2. Customer Loyalty Your clients will become long-term and recurring clients. Once you give the client the service and quality that they want, they will know to come back for more and also act as advertising for future clients. 3. The Rising Popularity of E-commerce 80% of people have made purchases online, which is only going to increase as the years go on. It only makes sense to capitalize on such a highly improving stream of revenue.
4. Value Added Services You can offer your clients additional services such as marketing (social media marketing and content marketing) as well as SEO and other areas that interest the client’s business.
5. A 24/7 storefront E-commerce gives the ability to make money at any time of day since the website is always up and running, unlike brick-and-mortar stores. You only need one storefront to sell products globally.
6. Be Your own boss Your work is where you spend a major percentage of your time, so doing something that you love is going to make your work fun & engaging. Once you found your niche, owning your own online store provides you with the opportunity to do more and share your expertise with the world.
7. Sell Worldwide With Global eCommerce nowadays, you are not restricted to sell your product or services in just one area. The world is your marketplace. With your online store, you can reach people outside your province or country and grow your business quickly. Companies like FedEx, Canada Post and DHL are giving e-commerce business owners better prices and flexibility.
How to get started? The first step towards setting up your online store is to choose between major eCommerce platforms based on business needs. The eCommerce experts at Xourx Web Design suggest two top choices Shopify, WooCommerce and Magento. Shopify storefront is good for businesses where you don’t have complicated business needs. If your business requirements are very specific and require a lot of customization, you should opt for WooCommerce and Magento eCommerce. Once you choose your platform, you need to work on your inventory and images for the products you want to sell online, plan shipping rates, and you are good to go.